There are currently 7 job vacancies.
Weighbridge/Administrator - Ellesmere Port
We require a full time administrator with weighbridge duties, reporting to the logistics manager, at Ellesmere Port.
- Booking in raw materials and oversize.
- Populating on-site and inter-site logs (including spreadsheets)
- Inputting into AS400
- Managing purchase orders and invoices.
- Directing traffic to appropriate areas on-site
- Updating production records where necessary
- Ensuring scorecards and KPIs are up to date
- Ensuring weighbridge register is up to date
- Ensuring financial department requirements are met
- Standing in for other administrators on-site
- Inputting into AS400 where required and issue relevant reports
There will be a three month probationary period for this role.
The salary will be dependant on experience and qualifications. Please click here for a download of the full job and competency specifications.
Application should be made in writing, marked Private & Confidential, to:
or by e-mail to Kelly.email@example.com
Posted: 19th September 2014
Mixing Plant Charge Hand - Lincoln
We have a vacancy for a full time mixing plant charge hand in Lincoln.
The post holder is a member of the production staff and reports to the production supervisor or a more senior member of the production management team.
The post holder is responsible for supervision of production team member, including agency staff. This may include the provision of guidance, basic training and communicating best practice.
- You will supervise production rates, standardised working, process improvement and co-ordinate production team members.
- You will have authority over production team members for the responsibilities outlined above, however overall responsibility for the team including yourself lies with the production supervisor.
- You will report directly to the production supervisor who will address any administration issues (including disciplinary affairs) for the production team members.
Your core duties are to co-ordinate the production team:
- Standardised working to ensure productivity, quality, health and safety and environmental matters.
- Job rotation for the team members and training/coaching where appropriate.
- Ensure accurate stock takes and material control,
- Ensure accuracy of data capture and recording/reporting.
- You will be a member of the management team, as such your behaviour should reflect your position.
- The post holder is required to conduct themselves in accordance with their contract of employment and the company handbook.
- The post holder must to the best of their knowledge and experience carry work in such a manner so as not to endanger their own health and safety, that of their colleagues, the company's clients, the general public, our suppliers or the environment.
- The post holder shall do their utmost to protect and enhance the company's commercial and financial wellbeing and reputation.
- The post holder may be required to be called upon to carry out other reasonable requests/duties for the company at the discretion of his or her line manager.
- Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement.
- This job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There shall be a requirement to carry out other duties which the company believes are within your capability.
Applications should be made in writing, marked Private & Confidential, to:
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: 23rd September 2014
Yard Marshal - Ellesmere Port
We are recruiting a yard marshal in the growing media production area. The key responsibility of the yard marshal is the management of goods in and out.
Goods-in duties include dealing with approximately 50 deliveries per day which will contain raw materials that need to be tipped. You will need to prioritise loads coming in and liaise with drivers as to how long they will need to wait until they can off load. You will understand and check all paperwork including weighbridge tickets.
Goods-out duties will involve co-ordinating the loading of pallets containing bags of raw materials onto empty trailers waiting to deliver. You will need to prioritise which loads need to be assigned first and communicate this to the drivers accordingly. In this role you could be dealing with up to 100 vehicles per day and must be able to take control of the yard.
Requirements for both roles:
- Loading shovel and fork lift truck license essential.
- Previous experience in goods in / goods out role.
- Vehicle management experience.
- Good understanding of stock rotation.
- Working knowledge of completing paperwork including weighbridge information.
- Good PC skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Confident communicator with the ability to give clear and concise instructions and overcome any resistance.
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
You will be working a rotating shift of 6-2 / 2-10 and be paid an hourly rate of £8.10 per hour. You will need to be flexible as you may be asked to work nights also. For afternoon and night shifts there is a shift premium paid in addition to the hourly rate.
Applications should be made in writing, marked Private & Confidential, to email@example.com.
Posted: 8th October 2014
Premium Operators x 2 - Ellesmere Port
Working as part of a production team in the growing media production area, the production operator is responsible for following standardised production systems assuring safety, quality and productivity.
- Follow the production plan.
- Operate process equipment and systems in accordance with operating procedures to maximise production.
- Meet production and distribution targets.
- Meet quality targets and report and defects or anomalies to the team leader immediately.
- Carry out first line maintenance activities and basic problem solving.
- Respond to unplanned stoppages and breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Report immediately to the team leader production of defective products and/or machine breakdown.
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handover to change of shift.
- Maintain effective communication with all colleagues at all levels.
- Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success.
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practise.
- Follow and action any reasonable request.
Health & Safety
- Accountable for working safely and following safety instructions as per site induction.
- Responsible for reporting concerns/unsafe working practises and near-miss incidents to the team leader.
- Immediate reporting of accident and injury.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience of working to standard operating procedures.
- Effective communication skills.
- Team working and initiative.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Fork lift truck licence.
Applications should be made in writing, marked Private & Confidential to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 22nd October 2014
Despatch & Invoicing Clerk - Lincoln
We have a permanent vacancy in the transport department at Beevor street in Lincoln for a despatch and invoicing clerk. Full training will be given.
Key attributes for the job:
- Good numerical skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Flexible with hour within a seasonal business
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
Applications should be made in writing and addressed to:
Posted: 24th October 2014
Customer Service Clerk - Lincoln
A vacancy has arisen for a customer service clerk within the customer service department at Firth Road, Lincoln.
The position is permanent, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 17:00
The customer service team provide comprehensive, effective and courteous service to William Sinclair retail, professional, Silvaperl and national account customers from receipt of an order through to paid invoice.
- Process orders speedily and efficiently
- Pricing of orders and maintaining special pricing relating to nominated accounts
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Managing and processing credit requests.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal departments to ensure delivery of excellent customer service.
Key Attributes for the Job:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Good numerical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Team player.
- Flexible with hours within a seasonal business.
Applications should be made in writing and addressed to:
Posted: 24th October 2014